It’s hard for me to believe but it’s been three years since the Kidoodle.TV team and I set out to create a service that allowed ‘kids to be kids’ in a safe and ad-free environment. Designed to solve the parental problem of how to let kids navigate through their own libraries while knowing that the shows were ‘safe’, we launched Kidoodle.TV in January of 2014 after testing the service and adapting to consumer feedback.
Not only did we launch with multiple options for parental controls, we launched with a vast library of diverse premium and modern content, and more importantly, those shows did not contain commercials or ads.
As many of you know, Kidoodle.TV has a rigorous quality assurance program to ensure that our content is appropriate for children and does not include direct advertising. This program has remained in place since launch and I’m happy to say that we’ve continued to live up to these values as we add more and more content.
Additionally, here are just a few of the features we’ve put in place to protect our Kidoodle.TV kids:
- Parental Set-up – Kidoodle.TV accounts may only be set up by adults. We ask that parents set up and manage their family’s password-protected Kidoodle.TV account on behalf of their children, encouraging dialogue about viewing parameters.
- Secure Parents Room – A passcode-protected “Parents Room” gives parents access and control over account information and over each Kid Profile. If you want to implement a parental control feature, this is where you do it.
- Parental Controls – We give parents the freedom to set viewing time limits, bedtime curfews, and locks between profiles. “Player Lock” is also available on iOS devices, allowing parents to “lock” younger viewers into play mode. Apple’s “Guided Access” feature can also be enabled to lock the child into the Kidoodle.TV app, providing an additional layer of control.
- Title Selection – Not only can parents filter content by age category, they can select or deselect specific titles, which allows you to turn titles on or off according to each child’s needs. So if there are certain shows that don’t align with your family’s values, you have the control to turn them off.
- Kid Approved – TV is certified by the kidSAFE® Seal Program and has received the Parent Tested, Parent Approved Award.
At the end of the day, we’re a dedicated, family-oriented company that wants you and your children to feel safe while enjoying great entertainment and educational shows. We hope we’ve equipped you with great, child appropriate titles and parent-friendly tools to keep your family’s viewing habits healthy and safe but we are always open to feedback to make our service that much better.
What do you think? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
A Parent Media Co. Inc. / Kidoodle.TV®