Winter is officially over and if your family is anything like ours, they’re getting a little squirrely. Luckily, we’ve got 12 Spring activity ideas for you and your family.
- Take a hike! No, we’re not being rude. Plan a family hike to a local nature reserve, park, or mountain range.
- Have a Spring BBQ. Get the neighbors together for the first BBQ of the season.
- Spring cleaning. Okay, this one may take some convincing but get the whole family together to tuck away all your winter belongings and get a nice, fresh clean of the house. For extra fun, take before and after pictures.
- Try a family painting project. Choose something to paint and spend a couple hours each week painting as a family. Each person could work on their own canvass or everyone can work on one big group canvass.
- Start a family flower garden. Take the family out to choose their own flowers to plant and care for. Flowers are like pets, only there’s no doody to clean up.
- Fly a kite. Spring weather sometimes is pretty windy and that provides the perfect conditions for kite flying.
- Create a Spring themed scavenger hunt. Create a list of fun springtime items that kids can find around the yard or neighborhood. Think of certain insects, plants, colors, etc.
- Go on a picnic. Head out to a local park and have a picnic. Remember to keep it to simple finger foods to make things easy.
- Play a round of mini-golf. A good game of mini-golf is a great way to bond as a family, complete with a little friendly competition.
- Make a sidewalk chalk mural. Grab some sidewalk chalk and make your driveway into a huge piece of art. Pose in front of or as part of the mural.
- Write a letter. Choose a friend or family member and write them a real, physical letter. People (especially grand-parents) love getting letters in the mail.
- Read some Spring-themed books. Go to your local library and take out some Spring-themed books to read as a family.
What activities do you have planned for your family this Spring? Let us know by commenting below.
~ Alicia & Jeremy